In line with the General Data Protection Regulation, Jansz Recruitment Solutions Ltd is committed to providing clarity regarding the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, who we share it with, and your data rights in terms of how your information is used, stored and shared.
Personal Information That We May Request from You
We will collect personal information about you using a variety of methods, such as (but not limited to) through our website, social media channels, events, surveys, job applications and interview and subsequent online, telephone and email contact. As part of providing our recruitment service, we may request the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information (name, address, email address and telephone number).
- Employment history, education, qualifications, professional registrations and information about you provided in your CV or that you complete in our application form.
- Details of your skills, competencies and capability.
- Results of skills assessments.
- Information about citizenship, visa status and right to work in the UK.
- Results of criminal and other background checks.
- NI number.
- Date of birth.
- Details provided relating to age, gender, disabilities / health related information as well as information relating to other protected characteristics as defined under the Equality Act 2010 which may be gathered to support diversity monitoring.
- Details of those you provide as emergency contacts.
- Information provided about you in references.
- Information you provide about family, friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Information you provide us with in surveys.
- Information about your performance on temporary assignments.
- Payroll and financial information (such as bank details, tax-related information, benefits you receive etc).
- Login details required for use of our website.
PLEASE NOTE: by completing our application form and other company or registration documentation (which includes entering your details on our Contact Us page on our website), you are giving consent for us to use, store and share your personal data for the purpose of sourcing suitable work for you, monitoring/managing your assignments or placements and occasionally marketing relevant services that we provide to you. This is the legal basis on which we process your personal data and you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing Phil Jansz, Operations Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
We will stop processing if we have no other legal basis or requirement to do so.
Where the personal data collected includes sensitive/special category data, we will obtain a separate, explicit consent from you for this, which may be withdrawn in the same way. Examples of special category data include but are not limited to information about your health, race, sexual orientation, criminal convictions etc.
Automated Information We May Collect from You
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will use the information you provide to:
- Provide you with our recruitment services.
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Assess your suitability as a candidate and validate your experience, competence, qualifications, registrations, etc as required by the position for which you are applying.
- Provide you with job opportunities and work.
- Provide career advice.
- Process payments to you and send you payslips.
- Monitor and manage your performance and discipline.
- Audit compliance with prevailing employment law and honour contractual agreements with our clients.
- Manage client relationships.
- Send you information about vacancies, promotional material and other communications (e.g. invitations to participate in our surveys or events).
- Prevent fraudulent and unlawful activity and comply with legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations and company policies/procedures.
- Improve our business services and the performance of our website.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we will request specific consent at or prior to the time of collection.
Information We Share
We will only disclose personal information we collect about you to facilitate delivery of our services. As such your personal data may be shared with clients or organisations with whom we work to help you find a job.
Where personal information is shared with a managed service provider or other 3rd party supplier (such as our payroll provider Boomerang Support Services Ltd), we do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal data except in the provision of the service that they have been engaged to supply or to comply with legislation.
Finally, we may disclose your personal data to comply with any applicable law, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent activity or is based on a lawful disclosure request.
We will never:
- Sell your personal data to a third party.
- Share your personal data with a third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
How Long We Will Retain Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal information for a reasonable duration to provide you with our services and to comply with prevailing legislation and regulation (to include but not limited to The Employment Agencies Act, The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 and the Limitation Act 1980). Retention periods are normally 2 years for prospective and temporary candidates and 7 years for permanently placed candidates.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We have an internal Data Protection Policy which covers how we manage your personal data within our company.
Your Rights & Choices
If you have any questions about the use of your personal information or would like to update your preferences, please contact us as specified below.
Your Right to Object
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data if you do not believe we are permitted to do so, including for marketing purposes. Following such notification, we will stop processing your personal data unless
there is a legal basis or requirement to do so.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. We will only use your data for this if you have agreed in advance.
Correction of Information
If you notify us that the personal data we hold is complete or inaccurate we will correct or complete the information as soon as possible.
Deletion of Information
You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted; including if we no longer need it for the purpose we collected it, or you withdraw your consent.
Following such a request we will erase your personal data without undue delay unless continued retention is necessary and permitted by law. If we made the personal data public, we will take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing about your erasure request.
Restriction on Processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data, but hold it for you, in the event the personal data we hold is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need the personal data. Once the processing is restricted, we will only continue to process your personal data if you consent or we have another legal basis for doing so.
Access to Information
You have the right to access information held about you and any access request will usually be free of charge and responded to within one calendar month.
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data which you gave to us. The copy will be provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also have it transmitted directly from us to another data controller, where technically possible.
If we fail to respond to your Subject Access Request (SAR) within one calendar month of receipt or you wish to make a complaint relating to our response to your SAR or any other data rights request, you should contact Phil Jansz, Operations Director (email@example.com).
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have not complied with the above policy or the law pertaining to your personal information on the following number: 0303 123 1113.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registered number is A8216583.